Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Dinner and a ....

Week two is now in the books, and i'm really excited to see what this year brings.  I'm realizing dating is not easy!  To be truly intentional and to actually have a date planned out takes time and energy.  Like anything else we do, we will only get better at dating as the year goes.  I hope to better understand which events (dates) really makes Kimberley stoked.

Kimberley planned our 2nd date on Friday night.  After a long week at work it was really nice to come home from work and know something is planned.  The excitement of not knowing what we were doing caught me off guard.  It's a rare occurrence in married life to have very many surprises on the dating side of things.  For us it is normally a planned nice dinner out to our favorite restaurant.  So coming home knowing that we had the evening planned but unsure of the events was a forgotten experience for me. When Kim and I were first dating this was a more common feeling, but as we became closer there were less surprises.

When I walked in the door (yes, I went around and rang the doorbell) the lights were dim and there were candles lit around the room. A bit romantic for a second date, but I will give Kim the benefit of the doubt.  Kim had prepared bacon wrapped dates following by an excellent broccoli/cauliflower soup topped with more bacon.  Someone knows the way to my heart.  Kim read a catechism out of a new book that our church is following and we discussed the topic.

After dinner we rushed off to a to make a 7:30 time spot. Kim told me to dress warm, so I bundled on a couple more layers.  It became clear as we began driving that we were heading to the sportsplex ice arena.  Our local junior hockey team The Bellingham Blazers played Wenatchee in a great battle of the puck.  Wenatchee took the lead pretty early on and defeated the Blazers.  I didn't know how intense our hockey fans are.  There were cowbells and fog horns, and the trash talk that was being given to the opponents goalie was pretty darn humorous.   The Bellingham Blazers do have a beer garden!  What a fun date event, and something we wouldn't normally do.  It was a great throw-back to our actual second date which was also a sporting event (minor league baseball).

I was freezing when we got home, but luckily Kim pulled the couch close to the fireplace and we enjoyed the warmth.

Dinner Cost: Approximately $15 for dinner
Sportsplex Hockey: $14

In love,

J.Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment