Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dinner and a Movie


Alright, the pressure of week 1 is done.  On Friday night Jason took me out for the first of our 52 date challenge.

Jason decided to go with a standard date for the first go-round.  Dinner and a movie. Maybe he wanted to get an easy one out of the way so that I couldn't use it instead.  I'm mildly disappointed that I won't have that to fall back on later...but, it fell within the date challenge parameters, so I can't complain.  We should also note, many of our dates will probably include a dinner of sorts, since we do need to eat!

Earlier in the week Jason asked me if I could meet me at 'his place' on Friday night.  I agreed.

When I got home from work I came around to the front and rang the doorbell.  It was fun being greeted with a smile and a hug (and briefly pretending like I didn't live there). After walking through the door, I found the table nicely set, with one rose.  Sidenote: way back when we were first dating, Jason brought me one rose on our one month 'date-aversary' and three on our third.  I know, it's silly.  We were in high school... what else can I say?  Cheesy and I love it.

Anyways, Jason started preparing our three course dinner which included the following:
  • salad greens with pecans and bacon, tossed with oil and vinegar
  • seared scallops drizzled with deliciousness (sauce consisting of coconut oil, ghee, coconut milk, salt/pepper/garlic)
  • grilled sirloin steak
Oh, and there was wine.  Don't want to forget the wine.  Everything but the wine was paleo - win!

But, that wasn't the end.  Next, we snuggled on the couch as we read some scripture together.  Then we started a game of  Dominion, and I was winning, so Jason called it quits before we were finished.  Just kidding, we had to pause the game in order to make it to a movie at the Pickford (we saved the game for the next day and I won).  We don't often see movies, so it was quite a treat to go see The Imitation Game.  If you haven't heard of it, check it out.  If you like math, definitely check it out.  The film is based on a team of mathematicians who were working to decrypt Nazi code during WW2.  We enjoyed it.

Lastly, like a true gentleman, Jason took me home. 







Dinner cost: approx. $25.00 (scallops cost $11!)
Movie: $21.00


-Kim

2 comments: