Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Improv and Ice Cream

After a bit of procrastination, I am here to finally tell you about the last date Jason planned.  After a normal evening of Crossfit, and a moderate form of speed-eating, Jason took me out.  I was pretty sure I knew where we were going, since it was a Thursday evening, and we had to be there before it started.

If you have improv comedy nearby, you should go.  We went to the Upfront Theatre here in town, and enjoyed an evening full of laughs.  We love going to the Upfront, and I was keeping this date idea in my pocket for an emergency, too bad Jason got to it first!  However, it was really good timing.  We got to see our local celebrity, Ryan Stiles, perform.  You may have heard of him...and he's just one funny guy among a whole crew of hilarious people.  For some reason I was  also having a bum week, and laughing was just what I needed! 

I might say this a lot, but Jason knows me so well, and he often knows just what I need. Sometimes he knows I need ice cream (which we grabbed on our way home from the theatre) and sometimes he knows I need sleep, or food, or a chill pill, and so on.  Sometimes it is nice to go on a date and let someone else take care of the entertainment.  A date like this is pretty easy, all you have to do is find the show and get the tickets.  Finishing our date by stopping to get our favorite dessert always helps sweeten the deal too.




Cost:
Tickets to the Upfront - $8 each
Dessert - $6

No comments:

Post a Comment