Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Cruising Date

As you may have read in a previous post, we went on vacation! It was wonderful. And, we were gone for more than a week, so this vacation also included one of our weekly dates! While most vacations end up feeling like a really long date, we were on a cruise with family, so we still had to be intentional about setting aside some time for the two of us.

Our vacation was a lot of fun.  We left home (with fresh pedicures) and made our way to Florida where we met up with Jason's parents, and our close friend.  Throughout most of our trip, we all ate meals together and hung out.  So, on Saturday, our last full day on the cruise ship, Jason planned our date.

The ship we were on had loads of entertainment, from Blue Man Group and Cirque du Soleil to dueling piano bars and The Second City comedy show.  In addition to the evening comedy show, The Second City also put on a Murder Mystery Lunch.  I have always wanted to do a murder mystery dinner, so this was a great time for us to try it out!

While it wasn't quite what we expected, it was entertaining.  The comedians followed a plot and certain parts were dictated by the crowd.  I thought there would be more audience participation and crime-solving action than there was.  For a couple hours of entertainment and lunch, it was a pretty good experience - and we tried something new!

After the show Jason and I headed across the ship to the library, with a candlestick.  Just kidding, we found a chess board and he challenged me to a game (I had just learned how to play chess a few days before!).  We spent some time talking about our trip, and read through another chapter of proverbs.  Looking back, I think my demeanor wasn't as perky as it should have been for being taken on a date on vacation.  I think I was a little bummed that our time away was coming to an end...and I was a bit exhausted from all the FUN we were having!  I couldn't tell you which one of us won the game of chess, but it was nice to have some time relaxing with my favorite guy.

While our date was not the only instance when we spent time alone on our trip, that very easily could have been the case. Even on vacation it is important to be intentional with your spouse!

Cost:
Cruise - expensive
Chess - free
Murder Mystery lunch - $15 each

No comments:

Post a Comment